The public is deluged with brand images on a daily basis. A marketer must be focused and careful to say on message, but also understand that every communication presents an opportunity to influence brand perception.
- Exposed to 3500+ brand images each day
- Brands are used as a mental shortcut to represent all the things associated with that entity
- How you relate to brands is similar to how you relate to people
- Start forming first impressions when you meet
- Over time you make adjustments, e.g., adding, strengthening, eliminating attributes
- Your brand is your commitment and single driving focus
- Everything you do or say influences brand perceptions, so every interaction is a brand building opportunity