Take stock of your internal resources, such as your interests and talents, as well as possible external resources, like career assessment tests.
- List your passions and interests
- Identify your strengths, skills and talents
- List your personal preferences and needs
- Get professional advice by taking career assessment tests and tests that evaluate your personality separately
- Research the job market to learn about careers that match your interests and personality…check the U.S. Dept. of Labor’s Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Prepare to begin a new chapter in your life…aim high