Here’s some advice on how to succeed in spite of bad behavior by a boss. For example, if your boss is always MIA, document your contact efforts and blind copy your boss’s boss.
- How to handle a boss who’s a bully
- Find out from co-workers if they’re experiencing the same behaviors
- Confront the boss one-on-one in a private setting to explain why you feel bullied and how performance will improve if you’re treated differently
- How to handle a boss who’s a micro-manager
- Micro-manage the boss, e.g., meet every morning with plans, email every evening with accomplishments
- How to handle the absentee boss
- Be on top of everything and document your contact efforts (e.g., bcc the boss’s boss)