Here’s your chance to toot your own horn, but make sure that the strengths you describe are applicable to the job interview at hand.
Consultant Deniz Sasal takes you through his six-step process:
- Review the job description for the required skills and experiences and then look for which of your strengths are specifically applicable
- Look for any unwritten skills and experiences that may be required
- Prepare a list of your skills and experiences
- Determine which job requirements apply to you
- Think of at least 2 examples from your past employment and your education—be SPECIFIC
- Prepare your response and practice like crazy
The video includes a detailed sample response.